One Call...



One call can change your life.

Fortunately, the call I got Monday afternoon was not as devastating as it could have been. Over the past few days, my mind has been processing the "what if" possibilities of Katherine falling all the way down the stairs at her sitter's house. As you can see from the picture, she is fine, with just a few scrapes and bruises. The understanding of what could have been is almost too much to bear, but it awakens me to the stark reality that God has a reason for allowing this to happen.

The gamut of emotions my heart has worked through has been endless... pain, frustration, anger, fear, gratefulness, utter joy that she is still here... along with the overwhelming obsession to watch her every move, not wanting to take anything for granted ever again!

Yes, I know the cliche, "these things happen," but I also know that things happen for a reason. This was a wake-up call for me, one that I have needed for a long time. God is calling me to get my priorities right.

Don't wait until you receive that "one call" to wake up... Let God become the priority He wants to be in your life... And while you're at it, let Him reorganize your other priorities as well.

"You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:13

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...