hopeless romantic...



I love romantic comedies. I would venture to say that most females (including myself) live for the “magic moment” in these movies… you know, when the perfect-looking “Ken” and the perfect-looking “Barbie” just “know” and then they kiss. Here are some of my favorite magic moments…
  • 27 Dresses – “I cried like a baby at the Keller wedding.”
  • 13 Going on 30 – after they jump off the swings
  • You’ve Got Mail – “I wanted it to be you SO badly!”
  • A Walk to Remember – “I think I might kiss you." “I might be bad at it.” “That’s not possible.”
And the list goes on and on… Especially today, on Valentine’s Day, I have wanted to watch whatever romantic comedies are on TV!!! Why is it that we like to watch stories about other people’s lives so much??

Obviously, real life is not like the movies… I am a firm believer that Hollywood is one of Satan’s biggest schemes. We can let ourselves get so caught up in the “perfect world” we love on the big screen that we miss the incredible life God has given us… I have been guilty of this many times in my life.

Just a challenge on Valentine’s Day to really think about and appreciate what you’ve got. I am a perfectionist (sometimes to the extreme), so this reminder is as much for myself as it is for anyone else… If we demand and expect too much perfection, we really can miss what is right in front of our faces. Life is hard, but God is good, and we all have SO MUCH to be thankful for! I don't know about you, but I want to be the "hopeless romantic" toward the wonderful man God has blessed me with!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...