Music That Moves Me, Part 3



It’s finally Friday!! :) Which means it’s finally time to talk about my very favorite running song. But it's more than just a running song. It is my favorite worship song. My I-could-listen-to-it-over-and-over-again-and-never-get-tired-of-it song. Here it is... (Amy, I know you've been waiting all week.) :)

Favorite running song #1 – How He Loves by Passion/David Crowder

Listen to it and read the lyrics below (the words that speak to me the most are bold).


He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane; I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy


When all of a sudden 
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory 
And I realize just how beautiful You are
And how great Your affections are for me 

And O how He loves us
Oh, O how He loves us
How He loves us all

(repeat all)

Yeah He loves us
O how He loves us
O how He loves us
O how He loves 


We are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
 


So Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets 


When I think about… the way

He loves us
O how He loves us
O how He loves us
O how He loves


(lots of repeats)

I could talk a lot about what this song means to me (and I will… on Tune-In Tuesday). But for today… just know it is my favorite running song.

Do you have a favorite song? A favorite worship song that truly brings you into the throne of grace? Keep it in your mind for Tuesday!! Just another reminder about Tune-In Tuesdays...  Starting next week (July 19th), we will link up here to share songs that God is using in our lives.

I’m really excited about this! I’ve always wanted to do a “linky party,” and being a musician… this is a perfect fit! Learning to truly worship Him through the songs we sing is simply amazing. So there you have it.

Do you really think about the words when you’re singing them on Sundays? Or is it just part of the routine when you go into the worship center? This is a chance to allow God to draw you into a closer worship experience with Him… maybe in a more intense way than you ever have before.

Don’t have a blog? NO PROBLEM! You can write about your song in a comment.

What I’m looking forward to is believers coming together to share with each other in our own heart languages. We all have different types of worship songs that touch us. From hymns to southern gospel to contemporary. My desire is that Tune-In Tuesdays will be a place where they can all come together... After all, we are worshiping the same Creator! Would LOVE to have you all join us! And PLEASE help me spread the word!

In case you missed these…
Monday’s song: Awakening by Passion/Chris Tomlin
Wednesday’s song: Grace Will Be My Song by Fee

2 Responses to "Music That Moves Me, Part 3"

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...