The Assignment



The assignment is simple. Sort of.

"Tell a story in 6 words."

This July in Concord, NC, there is a speaker/writer/leader conference. My heart has longed to attend this particular conference for the past two years! I believe God is telling me that this is the year for me to go. I have been putting off the writing thing for too long. Fear? Maybe.

Okay, now what is this assignment for? This is my contest entry for an opportunity to win a full scholarship to attend this incredible conference called She Speaks, which is offered every summer by Proverbs 31 Ministries.

When I started thinking through ideas, trying to find a profound "6-word story," God brought one to mind:

DOES NO ONE HEAR ME? yes.

So many times in our lives we feel that we are looking for someone... anyone... who hears us. Someone who understands us. Someone who loves us just the way we are. We spend our time screaming at the top of our lungs, trying to find this "someone" in our own strength. But...

While we are screaming, God is whispering. "yes. I am here."

If you are reading this on Facebook, visit my blog: growwhereyoureplanted.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...